SEO for Plastic Surgeons: Tips + Best Practices to Get Clients
SEO is critical to the success of a Plastic Surgery practice. Let’s examine the best practices and tips for using SEO to attract clients.
As a plastic surgeon, you understand the importance of visibility. Just as a person’s face is the first thing we notice when meeting someone new, your website is the first thing potential clients notice about you and your practice. Search engine optimization, or SEO, is one of the most reliable ways to ensure prospective patients find your website.
Most people looking for a plastic surgeon will begin their search online, making local SEO of critical importance. In the digital marketing age, taking out an ad in the local Yellow Pages isn’t enough. Between 71% and 92% of people don’t go beyond the first page of Google search results when conducting research online.
If you don’t rank high on Google, Bing, or other search engines, most people searching for your business will never see your page. A sound SEO strategy is key to ensuring the people looking for plastic surgeons find your business. There are many reasons for investing in SEO services; here are a few:
- Increased visibility on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- Attract new patients to your practice
- Increased traffic to your website through local SEO
- Stay one step ahead of your competitors
Plastic surgery SEO is just as critical as all SEO. The goal is to guide traffic to your website, thereby increasing your business. You want to make it easy for your clients to find you, and a top-notch SEO strategy can make this happen. This article will explain the tricks of the SEO trade and examine the best practices for attracting clients to your practice.
Why SEO for Plastic Surgeons?
Plastic surgery (or cosmetic surgery) is a medical specialty dedicated to reconstructing facial and body defects to return normal function and appearance to the body. Plastic surgery is in high demand. From burn victims to cancer survivors, or those simply wanting to enhance their appearance, countless people conduct searches for plastic surgeons daily.
With all of the interest in plastic surgery, one would think attracting clients would be easy. As a practicing plastic surgeon, you know that is not always the case. Referrals from satisfied clients and other medical professionals are certainly a boon to your business.
Have you ever thought about the untapped potential client base who won’t find your plastic surgery practice based on referrals?
Many potential clients won’t find your plastic surgery practice through referrals. Instead, the source of their referral will be Google, Bing, or another search engine. They will enter the search term “plastic surgery” or “plastic surgeon” and wait for the results to appear. Most will proceed to scroll through the search results in order, starting at the top. This leads to the question, “how can I get new patients to google my business?”
This is where SEO comes in. The goal of SEO for plastic surgeons is to get your cosmetic surgery practice to the top of the search engine ranking, ensuring your business has the greatest exposure possible. Whenever someone enters a term into Google or another search engine, they evaluate the millions of webpages on the web and return the “best” result.
Without an effective SEO strategy, your business will not rank among the top results when people search for plastic surgeons. Since most people do not search past the first page of search engine results, it is unlikely your website will get many clicks. Refining your SEO strategy will ensure you get those clicks. Next, you will want to convert the clicks into clients.
Your website is the face of your business. It is also key to your digital marketing strategy using search engine optimization. In the internet age, your search engine ranking matters more than your skill as a plastic surgeon when it comes to attracting clients online.
Ranking at the top of page 2 in search engine results isn’t enough; ranking number 3 or lower makes it highly unlikely anyone will see your website.
- Speed: How fast does your website load a page? Does it refresh quickly? All of these things enter into Google’s algorithm when determining your website’s ranking. If your website is slow, you won’t rank high.
- Mobile Design: This is another crucial factor Google takes into consideration when ranking websites. Is your website mobile friendly? Keep in mind that 177.8 million users are searching via mobile.
- Layout: Your website’s design is critical to SEO. If your website is challenging to read or visitors struggle to find information, they will quickly leave your website. You will end up missing out on new patients.
Improve your website’s ranking using the tips listed above for plastic surgeon SEO, and you will be on your way to seeing your ranking on search engines increase. This increased visibility will generate leads for your business, leading to more clients.
SEO Strategies to Attract Clients
Optimizing your website for search engines is the most reliable way to attract new clients to your plastic surgery practice. Your digital marketing strategy should include a strong social media presence, a refined plastic surgery website, and an SEO campaign that ensures potential patients find you.
By strengthening your online presence, you will boost digital referrals, thus gaining new clients.
Most people searching Google are looking for local information. A whopping 88% of those who conduct a local search using their smartphone call or visit a business within a day, according to Google-supported research. Local SEO is essential to your digital marketing strategy is of the utmost importance.
If your SEO campaign doesn’t include fine-tuning Local SEO, you could lose out on growing your client base through digital referrals.
You can improve your local SEO using the following strategies:
- Determining keywords for your plastic surgery practice
- Optimizing keywords as part of your SEO strategy
- Citations: this includes optimizing your Google my business page
- Link building: Inbound links are vital to your Google ranking. These are links to your website from reputable websites. Cultivating relationships with other healthcare practitioners will aid you in increasing inbound links to your website.
- Reviews: Google My Business Page reviews and other sites will help improve your search rankings. Strong reviews tell search engines you are an expert in cosmetic surgery, your clients trust you, and communicate authority.
Conversion Rate Optimization
Driving more traffic to your website isn’t the ultimate goal of a plastic surgery SEO strategy. The ultimate goal is converting that traffic into new patients. This is where conversion rate optimization (CRO) comes into play.
CRO should play a vital role in any SEO strategy, yet it is often overlooked. CRO is effective when visitors to your website take a desired action, such as completing a form to receive more information about your cosmetic surgery practice.
Conversion is a prospective patient’s actions accomplishing a specific goal. Goals include a potential patient taking note of your phone number and calling to schedule a consultation or making a purchase on your website. Here are a few more examples of conversions:
- Making an appointment
- Requesting prices
- Subscribing to a mailing list
- Adding a product to their shopping cart
- Creating an account
How often potential patients complete these actions will determine your conversion rates. Although CRO does not directly impact your Google search ranking, it does benefit SEO in the following ways:
- Insight into potential client’s behavior: CRO helps you identify the right customers for your cosmetic surgery practice. By implementing a CRO strategy, you will improve your understanding of potential clients.
- Improved return on investment: You will get more for your money by converting the maximum number of visitors to your site from prospective patients to actual patients.
- Improved user experience: By understanding your customers, you will be able to tailor your web design to best meet their needs.
- Increased trust: To convert a potential client into a paying client, they will need to trust your website and its information. CRO will give you the tools to build this trust.
Search engine optimization is central to a plastic surgeon’s digital marketing strategy. There is no need to embark on this journey alone. A qualified marketing agency can help refine your SEO strategy, optimize your web design, develop your marketing strategy, assist with content marketing, and enhance your online presence.
The best marketing agencies ensure you rank on Google’s first page by tweaking your website and driving potential clients to your plastic surgery practice. A marketing agency will also assist you with social media management, ensuring you have a top-notch internet marketing strategy.
The end goal of SEO for plastic surgeons is increasing your visibility on the web through your website, Google My Business, and social media. Ranking on Google’s front page is essential to driving traffic to your webpage. A sound SEO campaign will allow you to attract potential clients and convert them into patients, increasing your bottom line.
Implementing search engine optimization strategies will allow you to grow your plastic surgery practice well into the future.